Monday 8 April 2013

Moving on or moving out?

I have put a lot of stitching into my white cloth but do not feel as if I have got anywhere with it, or at least not got anywhere new except for working in white.  Following Jude's last post I put the cloth onto a bigger piece and realized that rather than keeping it as the square shape that had been formed by weaving the old hankie together it looked better as an oblong.  So now I have to decide whether to continue and  work outwards, or to say enough is enough (at least for now) and move on to something new.
I have also remembered that I have worked in white before,  I made a lamp shade for a course that I was doing, I did not like the lampshade but do like the fabric that I created and am now thinking of cutting it up and using as part of something else.



And a small embroidery that was supposed to be deeply symbolic and meaningful, of a shadow figure stepping out of the background and becoming visible but ended up as an Antony Gormley figure turning into John Travolta look alike! 
OH DEAR !   I THINK I NEED TO GO BACK TO COLOUR!

5 comments:

  1. Jane, the stitch work in that figure is AMAZING! And it made me think to myself, "I hope that's me, breaking out of my Wall of White real soon"!! And if I may be so bold ... dismantle that lampshade immediately because that fabric has a useful white future elsewhere (I can even think of where). Pretty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i agree. those lampshade units are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the white lampshade fabric is Beautiful; I agree with your idea of re-using it!! How on earth did you make it, I'ld sure be interested to know how?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jane. Just stopped by from the Diaries. I agree with the above, use the lampshade units for a stitched piece. The figures are very interesting. Have you figured it out about your white piece yet? I think white is difficult to work with, too. However, I found it an interesting exercise.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete